This sounds good. How soon will I get my money?
IRS support staff will not discuss the status of a refund unless it has gone beyond their 21-day published objective.
“Where’s My Refund?” includes a tracker that displays your tax return’s progress through three stages:
1. Return Received 2. Refund Approved 3. Refund Sent
Return progress can be updated by IRS on a daily basis instead of weekly as in previous years, and the Refund Sent date will be actual instead of estimated.
Overall acceptance-to-deposit timeframe is expected to be similar to last year for tax returns that are not pulled for review.
If you do not want to have your refund direct-deposited you can receive your refund check by mail, but last year these took a week longer to receive.
Is my refund guaranteed to be on time?
– Taxpayer owes delinquent Federal or State taxes, either individual or business
– Taxpayer owes delinquent child support
– Taxpayer has certain other delinquent debt with Federal or State agencies, such as student loans, military, etc.
– Primary taxpayer’s name and/or SSN has changed since filing last year’s return or taxpayer did not file a return last year (possible one week delay)
– Taxpayer has claimed a blatantly unallowable deduction
– Social Security Name/Number for taxpayer, spouse, or dependent does not match information provided by the Social Security Administration
– Return has been selected by IRS for Earned Income Credit review
Also if you have been a victim of identity theft or had to close a bank account due to a security breach, this information gets reported to IRS which will most likely delay your refund well beyond their 21-day objective.
What if there's an error on my tax return?
Many of our customers soon learn that having their tax return professionally reviewed with prompt error resolution is a valuable part of the e-file service. Although the existence of errors may cause a delay in the processing of a return, such delays are deemed acceptable when compared to the potentially disastrous delays the same return would encounter if mailed to IRS.
Why would IRS reject my tax return?
I need my money faster - can you help?
Can I fax my tax return directly to IRS for free?
My tax return is complex - can I still e-file?
I owe IRS this year. How do I pay my tax if I e-file my return?
Can you e-file my state tax return?
Your State refund is deposited into the same bank account that your Federal refund is going into. State refund schedules vary, but deposits are generally received within a few days of the Federal refund.